How do you handle change? Do you become frustrated? Are you annoyed at any inconvenience? There are many reasons for the change in your disposition. COnsider for a moment that we each have a vision of how we expect things to go. For some people the vision is more of a concrete idea than a general vision. If you are a concrete thinker, a change in pans can ruin your whole day! You may start to wonder-
- How will this affect my next task?
- How much can I get done in my newly acquired free time?
- How could I let the situation get this out of control?
- How could the other participants be so inconsiderate?
These thoughts can cause a change in your physical demeanor, your attitude and even the levels of cortisol and other hormones produced in your body.
On the other hand, if you find you are moe “Go with the flow” and change of plans can be a road to a new adventure. You may find yourself thinking-
- What will I do with my free time?
- Wow! I didn’t think I would have a break all day!
or you might simply yell out, “PLOT TWIST”
Being able to yell out plot twist, is just an acknowledgement that plans change, circumstance changes, and life goes on. There is no right or wrong answer. The secret is just finding a way that works for you and meets your needs.
We each write our own story, as the director you get to change your plot and your vision any time you wish!